Sustainability and learning technology developers

From an issue perspective, Anne-Marie Scott presented in her post sustainability as an opportunity for change.Ā  This is a topic that I am deeply passionate about and therefore, I would explore the environmental impact of the learning technologies and the role learning technologists can play in the adoption of climate smart digital practices?Ā  Macgilchrist et al. (2020) suggested a scenario in which ā€œinstitutions are spaces for exploring and experimenting with new ways of livingā€ (p. 86) to address the impact of climate change. Ā From that perspective and Scottā€™s views, I am interested in the combined efforts of sustainability and skill development in an ecosystem that are relevant for todayā€™s world.Ā  Thus, what could be sustainability initiatives with learning technologies that can be leveraging learning of new skills while addressing the impact of climate change?

Reference:

Macgilchrist, F., Allert, H., & Bruch, A. (2020).Ā Students and society in the 2020s. Three future ā€˜historiesā€™ of education and technology. Learning, Media and Technology, 45(1), 76-89. https://www.tandfonline.com.ezproxy.royalroads.ca/doi/full/10.1080/17439884.2019.1656235

By: Stephanie Messier